Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Moto, baby...

This was the first day of my riding class, learning how to ride a motorcycle.  I've probably been talking about learning since I was 21 or 22.  I realized that if I didn't do it now I probably never would.  So this sweet ride is what I rode today at my class.  Super comfortable... No "crotch rocket" for me.  I felt super awkward at first, like learning to drive a car for the first time. It seems like there is so much to remember:  the clutch is controlled by your left hand, you shift gears with your left foot, and gas and brake with your right hand.  It's a lot to learn but, oh baby, when I'm making those turns and shifting into 3rd gear (as high as they will let you go) it feels soooo gooood!  The more practice I got, the more natural it felt and I understand why people are so passionate about motorcycles.  I am a realist and will probably not buy a motorcycle while living in LA.  A scooter is fine for me.  But when we leave this (god forsaken) place and live somewhere where people are a little more cognizant of other drivers, Noah and I will be cruising our bikes up and down the coast...  So much fun!!

1 comment:

leahsmom said...

Thanks for the picture. I'm so glad you are persuing your passions. If not now? When? Your dad has driven a motorcycle but I have only ridden on the back. I think T and Ch. have a bike too. I've seen pictures. Did you know that? Love MoM