Monday, August 18, 2008

Birthday weekend!

Took a last minute flight to Portland to surprise our nieces for their birthday party.  Portland is soo cool and we were sad to only have a short visit.  But boy, was it worth while!


At the start of the egg race!  Kaden was not tricked by his pinecone "egg".  Look at his skeptical face! 


Clever girl!  She knows exactly how to run with an egg in a spoon and not let it fall!


How adorable are the hand knit kitten ears?!  Leah's friends give the best thoughtful gifts.  No bullshit Barbie's from Wal-mart for this group of friends...


Ham and eggin' it up for Uncle Noah and the camera!


The start of the potato sack race!  Some kids fit better than others... Sometimes you forget how enjoyable the simple games are.  No cheesy "bouncy rooms" for this group!


Come on! You can do it!


This is probably one of the cutest, most iconic child photograph we have taken.  

Wheeeeee!!!!!  It has been so much fun to watch my nieces grow up, make friendships, and learn.  It is the first time in my life that I think back to my own childhood and realize that my parents and their friends were enjoying the same things I am now when I watch them.




1 comment:

leahsmom said...

great pictures. such a short visit but you guys know how to squeeze in the fun. I love it that you enjoy childness. I was happy to see you both. love mom